Klein bottle of software

That klein bottle of software that I ranted about yesterday? Yes, well I’ve tied the thing up with a gordian knot, dropped it into a little leather bag and filled the rest of the space with lead shot. Now I’m off and using my new blackjack.

I ended up just using the existing bizarre critter as it stood and invoking what I needed from within it. Took quite a while, but I finally made my breakthrough and have the relevant pieces working. Now its just optimizing in the POM to do various tidbits a little differently or more efficiently.

I’d still love to have the whole thing wrapped up as a separate Maven plugin, but that just looks like it isn’t going to happen any time soon – not unless I want to completely redo the whole doclet extension thing from scratch. So it goes. At least its working now and I’m moving past that roadblock.

Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s