Using fabric to deploy a Pinax project

I spent the better part of this morning screwing around with Fabric to get even a basic deployment working correctly with Pinax. I may be doing this horrifically backwards… Since I finally nailed something that worked for me and I couldn’t find much out there on the web, I wanted to post up a result so that other folks could use/riff etc.

http://gist.github.com/284927

Please feel free to replicate/clone/use/etc whatever to your heart’s content. It’s built around deploying a Pinax 0.71 project clone that also uses South for schema migrations, and the project is housed in BitBucket.

The other fabric file I found that’s referenced frequently was a part of the inspiration here: http://gist.github.com/212366. It’s a fabfile that’s intended to provide some simple rollback and expects to be used from GitHub – and has some really nice documentation associated with it. Maybe I’ll work on mine to add some of that doc… but mostly I’m just making it available as is.

Published by heckj

Joe has broad software engineering development and management experience, from startups to large companies. Joe works on projects ranging from mobile to multi-cloud distributed systems, has set up and led engineering teams and processes, as well as managing and running services. Joe also contributes and collaborates with a wide variety of open source projects, and writes online at https://rhonabwy.com/.

2 thoughts on “Using fabric to deploy a Pinax project

Comments are closed.

%d bloggers like this: