Joe Heck has a broad software engineering and management experience from founding startups to fortune 100 enterprises. He is actively involved with architecting, developing, deploying, and operating point and holistic solutions.
Joe’s experience ranges from from stand-alone mobile and desktop application development to on-premise and cloud-hosted distributed systems. He collaborates across traditional boundaries to build product and solutions. Joe leads operationally effectively development processes, including continuous integration and deployment. Joe mentors individuals and teams, growing them while delivering amazing products.
Joe works extensively with open source projects, establishing, contributing and collaborating on a wide variety of projects. In addition to published works, he also writes online at https://rhonabwy.com/.
Work Experience & Projects:
- CTO, SunLink
- Director, Dell EMC
- Founder and VP of Engineering, Renasar Technologies
- VP of Engineering, Nebula Inc
- Director of Automation and Cloud Services at Disney Connected and Advanced Technologies
- 25 years experience in development, system engineering, administration and analysis.
- 17 years experience leading and mentoring engineering, operations and development staff.
- Proven ability to create and direct effective teams to accomplish amazing things.
- Diverse experience from founding startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Lead and managed teams and systems across multiple geographic locations, countries, and time zones.
- Software development with NodeJS (TypeScript), Python, Swift, Objective-C, C#, C, and Java.
- Design, architecture, development, and operation on solutions ranging from point devices on mobile systems to on-premise and cloud-hosted distributed services including:
- Front and back-end web development
- macOS desktop, iOS and Android mobile development
- Distributed systems observability and self-managed systems
- Active in all phases of solution development including prototyping, feedback analysis and product direction, test directed development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Extensive experience using, contributing and leading with open source software
- Kubernetes member and contributor
- Project Technical Lead (Keystone) and OpenStack contributor
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering and Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering, May 1990 from University of Missouri – Columbia, MO.