Joe Heck has a broad software engineering background and extensive management experience, from founding startups to directing within fortune 100 enterprises. His background extends from architecting through developing, deploying, and operating both point and holistic software solutions. Joe is also an author and some-time instructor across a variety of technical topics.
Joe’s software experience ranges from from stand-alone mobile, web, and desktop application development to on-premise and cloud-hosted distributed systems. He actively collaborates, both within teams and across boundaries, to build products and solutions. Joe has also operationally built and driven development and deployment processes, including continuous integration and deployment. Joe mentors individuals and teams, growing them while delivering amazing products.
Joe works extensively with open source projects, establishing, contributing and collaborating on a wide variety of projects. In addition to traditionally published works, he also writes online at https://rhonabwy.com/.
Work Experience & Projects:
- CTO, SunLink
- Director, Dell EMC
- Founder and VP of Engineering, Renasar Technologies
- VP of Engineering, Nebula Inc
- Director of Automation and Cloud Services at Disney Connected and Advanced Technologies
- Diverse experience from founding startups to Fortune 100 companies.
- Lead and managed teams and systems across multiple geographic locations, countries, and time zones.
- Software development with NodeJS (TypeScript), Python, Swift, Objective-C, C#, C, and Java.
- Design, architecture, development, and operation on solutions ranging from point devices on mobile systems to on-premise and cloud-hosted distributed services including:
- Front and back-end web development
- macOS desktop, iOS and Android mobile development
- Distributed systems observability and self-managed systems
- Active in all phases of solution development including prototyping, feedback analysis and product direction, test directed development, continuous integration, and continuous deployment.
- Extensive experience using, contributing and leading with open source software
- Kubernetes member and contributor
- Project Technical Lead (Keystone) and OpenStack contributor
Bachelor of Science Electrical Engineering and Bachelor of Science Computer Engineering, May 1990 from University of Missouri – Columbia, MO.